The migrants had not arrived on the u.s. territory through a formal entry point at the border with Mexico will not be able to file an application for asylum. The Administration Trump has adopted on Thursday a measure of size, aimed at limiting the asylum applications of the migrants. This measure is the latest effort to reduce the eligibility of migrants for asylum applications, in response to the influx of migrants from central America. Published by the department of homeland Security, it is expected to be signed soon by the us president as “caravans” of migrants were currently running to the United States. Last week, the president Trump had been warned that his government was on the verge of completing a plan to put an end “to the abuses endemic in the “asylum system”.

” READ ALSO – Usa: the “caravan” of Hondurans and the bet Trump

“Our asylum system is overburdened with too many claims that are unjustified, which weighs disproportionately on our ways, preventing us from being able to grant quickly the asylum to those who really deserve it”, explained the secretary of homeland Security, Kristjen Nielsen, and the new Attorney-General , Matthew Whitaker, in a joint press release. This new regulation is intended to relieve a system that is already overloaded. About 700,000 cases are currently pending in the courts. During the past five years, the number of persons having submitted an application for asylum has increased by 2000%, according to the department of homeland Security, stating that less than 10% of them are ultimately accepted.

The american soldiers reinforce the border Texas/Mexico – to Watch on Figaro Live

A legal battle is shaping

“According to our laws on immigration, the president has authority to suspend or restrict the entry of aliens to the United States if it considers that it is in the national interest,” says the press release. Donald Trump intends to use the same executive powers as those which he had argued when he had taken it, at the very beginning of his term in January 2017, a decree of migration extremely challenged which forbade the entry on the american territory to the nationals of several countries with a muslim majority. In its latest version, approved on 26 June by the supreme Court after many adventures court, this decree closes u.s. borders to citizens of Yemen, Syria, Libya, Iran, Somalia, but also of North Korea and in some case of Venezuela.

“The government cannot abandon its responsibility toward migrants fleeing the danger”

The advocacy group for migrants New York Immigration Coalition

As for the decree of the migration process, Thursday’s decision could spark a legal battle. The powerful organization of defense of civil liberties, ACLU, responded immediately to the announcement of the executive. “U.s. law specifically allows individuals to claim asylum, whether they arrived or not through a port of entry, said in a press release,” Omar Jadwat, head of the ACLU. It is illegal to circumvent this principle.” The advocacy group for migrants New York Immigration Coalition has already expressed its willingness to “fight” the new rule, believing that “the government cannot abandon its responsibility toward migrants fleeing the danger.”

” READ ALSO – Midterms: Trump beats the recall against immigration

Donald Trump has made immigration his main campaign theme before the mid-term elections, denouncing regularly an “invasion”. According to official figures, more than 400,000 people crossing each year illegally cross the border between the United States and Mexico.

(With branches)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here