Around 800 students had to stay in their classrooms for hours on Wednesday. A youth is said to have handled a weapon.
After a large-scale police operation at a comprehensive school in Dinslaken on Wednesday, the investigators gave the all-clear. There was no danger, no one was threatened, the police said on Friday.
The weapon is a stun gun. Three young men who have been arrested for the time being – two 16-year-old students from the school and a 19-year-old – are free again. The 19-year-old reported to the police on Thursday and led the officers to the gun he had buried, the statement said.
According to the police, an employee of the comprehensive school on the Lower Rhine saw a young person in a basement room on Wednesday afternoon who is said to have held a firearm in his hand. When the teenager noticed the employee, he fled. The school had been cordoned off and searched. Around 800 students and their teachers had to wait for hours in their classrooms and were only able to leave the school in the evening under police escort. The incident will be further processed together with the school management, it said in the message.