A 101-year-old is said to have aided and abetted the murder of more than 3,500 prisoners as an SS guard from 1942 to 1945. The accused denies this. Now the public prosecutor’s office has spoken in the process.
In the trial of a 101-year-old suspect who is said to have been an SS guard in the Sachsenhausen concentration camp, the public prosecutor’s office has demanded five years in prison.
“They accepted the dehumanization of the victims and came to terms with it,” said senior prosecutor Cyrill Klement on Tuesday in Brandenburg/Havel.
According to the indictment, the man was an accessory to the murder of more than 3,500 prisoners between 1942 and 1945. Among other things, it is about the death of Soviet prisoners of war and sick people by a shot in the neck and by gassing.
Prosecutors rely on documents related to an SS guard with the man’s name, date of birth and place of birth. So far, the accused has denied that he worked in the concentration camp. According to his own statements, he worked as a farmhand near Pasewalk (Mecklenburg-West Pomerania) at the time in question. The penalty range for the accused offense is between three and 15 years. According to previous plans, the defense’s plea is scheduled for June 1st.